Announcement: Formlabs announces Form Wash and Form Cure
We’re excited to announce two new additions to the Formlabs SLA printer hardware family. Formlabs is completing the SLA workflow with the Form Wash and the Form Cure. These affordable additions to your print finishing area will simplify the isopropyl wash process and ensure consistent part curing. So, what are the Form Wash and Form Cure? I’m glad you asked. Below you’ll see an overview. They are expected to ship fall of ’17.
The Form Wash and Form Cure are built to complete the stereolithography (SLA) engine and streamline your 3D printing process to product better results with less time and effort.
Here’s the skinny…
Form Wash Automated Cleaning
- Consistently Clean: Form Wash’s rotating impeller agitates isopropyl alcohol (IPA) around every nook and cranny of your parts, getting them perfectly clean–every time.
- Built to Fit the Build Platform: Parts travel straight from the Form 2 to Form Wash; they can stay right on the build platform or be placed in the basket.
- Automated Wash Cycle: Manual washing requires careful attention, as parts left too long in IPA can become warped/deformed. Form Wash automatically raises parts out of IPA when wash time is up. Parts air dry and are ready when you are.
- IPA Calibration: Form Wash can hold up to 8.6 L liters of IPA, enough to wash approximately 70 prints. The hydrometer lets you know when it’s time to change out IPA. A siphon makes it easy to transfer IPA in and out of the wash bucket.
Maximum Mechanical Properties with Form Cure
- Advanced Heating: Precise heat control is the key to successful post-curing. Form Cure’s chamber is able to achieve temperatures of up to 80 C.
- Balanced UV Light: 13 LEDs use 405 nm Light to trigger the post-curing reaction, working with the heater to post-cure parts.
- Uniform Exposure: A rotating turntable, heat flow, and dispersed lights provide uniform exposure during post-curing.
- An Intuitive Interface: It’s easy to set Form Cure’s temperature and post-cure time. For Standard Resins, simply use the default. For all other materials, use recommended settings for optimum performance.
We are now accepting preorders for both the Form Wash and Form Cure. They are projected to begin shipping this fall. Complete our pre-order form and we’ll get in touch with you to make sure you are in the delivery queue when they start to roll off the dock.