ANSYS Discovery AIM
ANSYS Discovery AIM
Single platform for simulation-driven product development, helping all engineers explore ideas and concepts in greater depth.
Simulation tool with guided workflows, industry-leading accuracy, comprehensive physics and optimization capabilities for both early- and late-stage design exploration. With Discovery AIM, all aspects of a simulation workflow — including electromagnetics, thermals, structures, fluids and multiphysics — are included in a single-window design. It predicts complete product performance with results you can trust.
Discovery AIM Benefits
Guided Simulation Workflows
Discovery AIM’s highly intuitive user interface, coupled with guided simulation workflows, drastically reduces the setup and execution of engineering simulation. The templates guide you through the entire simulation process and automate many routine steps, so you can focus on the engineering. You will spend less time learning — or, for infrequent users, relearning — and more time producing.
Accurate Simulation Technology
The same solvers used in flagship ANSYS products are also used in Discovery AIM. This technology — from model setup to meshing and physics solutions — delivers the most reliable and accurate simulations.
Tailor your simulation processes and incorporate your best practices to ensure consistency and accuracy. Custom physics objects and loads can be used to fit the simulation definition to specific tasks. Any simulation can be used as the basis for a user-defined template that is replayable on any model.
Discovery AIM Features
- Perform fluid simulations, like reducing pressure drop, calculating lift and drag coefficients, evaluating fluid loads and predicting flow behavior
- Analyze static deflections and stresses for complex parts and assemblies, which may include nonlinear contact, structural joints and large deflections
- Determine natural frequencies and vibration characteristics of a product to understand product longevity and durability
- Simulate static magnetic fields and current conduction to evaluate the electromagnetic performance of your designs
- Reduce trial-and-error iterations and quickly troubleshoot unexpected problems when simulating polymer extrusion processes and evaluating die designs
- Ensure proper design performance within an expected temperature range by accurately simulating thermal performance
The Discovery product line is available for trial and purchase
Discovery AIM is included in the Ultimate bundle with Discovery SpaceClaim and Discovery Live. This is the most comprehensive suite of products for design engineers to simulate more advanced engineering problems using guided workflows and ANSYS flagship solver technology.
Racing to the finish line with ANSYS AIM
Easy-to-use Discovery AIM can optimize designs for high-tech Formula cars … and just-for-fun Pinewood Derby cars.
Demonstration of Discovery AIM: Simulation for Every Engineer
Follow along in this Discovery AIM evaluation of the fluid, thermal and structural performance of a butterfly valve.
Single User Interface with Multiple Physics ANSYS AIM
Watch how Discovery AIM solves complex multiple physics and multiphysics simulations, with a single, streamlined user interface.
ANSYS AIM Overview
Custom Apps in Discovery AIM
Simulation of a Car Mirror with ANSYS AIM