In this course, you will learn how to complete basic Windchill PDMLink functions. You will learn how to access and navigate the Windchill PDMLink environment, use Windchill PDMLink’s visualization tools, manage CAD and product information, and manage product information changes. Other topics include how to use Windchill PDMLink’s communication and collaboration tools, and access user support functions and information.
This course is designed to provide broad and basic coverage of Windchill PDMLink functionality to members of the Implementation Team. After completing the course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of Windchill PDMLink capabilities, which will enable you to contribute to the successful implementation of Windchill PDMLink to meet your company’s Product Lifecycle Management goals.
At the end of each module, you will complete a set of review questions to reinforce critical topics from that module. At the end of the course, you will complete a course assessment in PTC University Proficiency intended to evaluate your understanding of the course as a whole.
This course has been developed using Windchill 11.1 F000 / Creo Parametric 4.0 M030.
• This course is intended for members of the Implementation Team who require a broad understanding of Windchill PDMLink functionality to successfully implement the system.
• Understand the Windchill PDMLink environment and terminology
• Locate and view product information
• View information using Creo View Lite
• Understand the principles of CAD data management
• Initiate new designs and share design information
• Modify and manage design information
• Understand the principles of product structure management
• Create and manage product structures
• Create and manage documents
• Understand the Windchill PDMLink change process
• Initiate and implement product change
• Use Windchill PDMLink tools to manage your work
• Basic browser and Web navigation skills
• Basic understanding of product management processes and deliverables